FRANKLIN, TENNESSEE, December 11, 2013 – Permuted Press, America’s leading publisher of zombie, post-apocalyptic and horror fiction, today announced a new relationship with Germany’s leading publisher of horror fiction, Festa Verlag. Festa Verlag has announced a new imprint, Deltus Verlag coming in May, 2014. Deltus Verlag focuses on Science Fiction and Fantasy with an emphasis on post-apocalyptic fiction. The first ten titles launching the new brand have been acquired exclusively from Permuted Press. These titles include:
- Domain of the Dead by Iain McKinnon, a fast-paced, unconventional zombie thriller, following a group of survivors who are faced with two possible deaths: creeping starvation, or the undead outside.
- The King of Clayfield by Shane Gregory: On a cold February day in the small town of Clayfield, Kentucky, an unsuspecting museum director finds himself in the middle of hell on Earth.
- The Seven Habits (of Highly Infective People) by William Todd Rose, a story of time travel and the walking dead.
- Tankbread by Paul Mannering, tells us the story of how humanity lost the war for survival, and now intelligent zombies rule the world, feeding the undead a diet of clones called Tankbread. An outlaw courier is on a journey, and his only companion is a girl with a secret: she’s Tankbread.
- Dead Tide by Stephen A. North, a fast-paced, claustrophobic account of a Florida peninsula under siege by the undead, and the unconventional group of survivors attempting to get through it.
- Dead Living by Glenn Bullion: Aaron was born on the day the world ended. Kept in seclusion, his family teaches him the basics of survival. Then he makes a shocking discovery: the undead, who only desire flesh, ignore him.
- Among the Living by Timothy W. Long: The dead walk. Now the real battle for Seattle has begun, and Lester has new clientele, the kind that requires him to deal lead instead of drugs.
- The Undead Situation by Eloise J. Knapp follows Cyrus V. Sinclair, a sociopath who couldn’t care less about the collapse of civilization, until he meets up with other survivors who cramp his style and force him to re-evaluate his outlook on life during this undead Armageddon.
- Blood Soaked and Contagious by James Crawford: We’ve got zombies. They are not the brainless, rotting creatures we’d been led to expect, and I kill them for a living. The new Zombie Overlord is smarter, crazier, and we have something he wants, badly.
- Infection, Alaskan Undead Apocalypse Book One by Sean Schubert, which tells the story of the citizens of Anchorage, Alaska, and how their serene, isolated wilderness becomes a deadly trap when the plague strikes.
Michael L. Wilson, President of Permuted Press said of the venture, “Festa Verlag has a fantastic track record of choosing great works. It’s a privilege to work with the publisher that has brought legends like H.P. Lovecraft, Clive Barker, Dan Simmons, F. Paul Wilson, Whitley Strieber and Richard Laymon to the German language.”
Frank Festa, of Festa Verlag stated, “We are excited about working with Permuted Press to issue these titles in the German language. We feel that the post-apocalyptic genre is strong in Germany, and we anticipate this being a long lasting, successful relationship.”
Permuted Press was established in 2004 with a modest goal: to produce a single, high-quality zombie anthology. From this simple goal grew a publishing company that has published over 120 titles targeting the apocalyptic, post-apocalyptic, and survival horror fiction markets. Permuted Press has relied heavily on the power of the Internet and advances in publishing technology to establish itself as one of the best-known publishers in the apocalyptic niche.