CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Collabthology: Kindle of the Dead
Email submissions & questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
OPEN UNTIL FILLED DEADLINE, BUT THE GOAL IS TO HAVE THIS OUT BUY EARLY TO MID-JUNE
Please put the title of your story, your first and last name, and the word count in the subject line of your email.
“Collabthology” is a non-themed HORROR ANTHOLOGY. All genres of horror will be considered. Dark, disturbing, suspenseful, supernatural, gruesome, and gory are welcome. Zombie stories, while absolutely welcome, are definitely not required.
Basically, I'm looking for stories that: a) have no home and you would be willing to part with (no pay) or b) stories that are reprints but you have the rights to. I have a previously published story that I'm going to put in. I have a couple authors from the Collaboration that have sent me some stories already. I'm thinking of charging like $5 for the book and actually letting people know that it's to fund the Collaboration of the Dead novel. That way I (read "we") can hit up our friends and family, ha!
For those of you in the know, you understand what the Collaboration is. For those who aren’t in the know, the Collaboration of the Dead is a novel that has been in the works for some time and involves a plethora of talented writers, each writing a chapter or two and adding their own style and flair to the story.
As a bonus to those who buy the ebook, the first 5 chapters will be included to wet their appetites! That'll hopefully drum up some interest. Also, I'd thought about a contest for coming up with an actual title for the book. What I'd thought was that if we all came up with an idea for a title, based on the first half of the book, I would set up a contest for people to vote for a winner. I'd probably keep it localized to the Collaboration forum and the Facebook page for the Collaboration that I will be creating soon. That way I'm not trying to collect and count votes for 72,000 different websites! So, if you have any ideas for a title for a collaborative survival horror novel, send them in!
I really think things are coming along great with this whole project. Every chapter has really brought each individual author's personality into the book, and that was really my hope from the beginning. We’re almost to the halfway point! In a couple chapters, it'll be all downhill from there on out... but in a good way. Yeah, downhill in a good way!
DEADLINE: Open until filled. We will accept/reject submissions on a first come, first serve basis. I am looking to fill this thing up quick and have it out by next month!!!
So you're ready to submit your story to the Collabthology. I look forward to reading your work, but ask that you take a couple of minutes to familiarize yourself with our preferred submission format.
All Submitted Fiction Should Be In The Following Format:
· Send as an RTF attachment
· Times New Roman or Courier (or similar, easy to read font), 12 pt
· 1" Margins
· Left Justified (Align Text Left)
· No Spaces Between Paragraphs
· 1/2" Tabbed Indents
· Section Breaks Marked With Centered ***
· Title half way down the first page, BYLINE/WRITING AS NAME below the title
· No Headers or Footers, No Page Numbers
· Use Italics instead of underline or _this_ or *this*
· Use "double quotation marks" instead of 'single quotation marks'
· Include a short (2-4 sentences) biography, written in the third person, in your email. This will run after your story in the anthology (if selected for publication)
Please place your contact information on the title page:
Name (and pseudonym, if applicable) Approximate Word Count
Please Include The Following With Every Submission:
· Brief Cover Letter. A short greeting, submission TITLE and WORD COUNT. You may include a list of publication credits or any other information you would like, but it is not necessary. Also, include CONTACT INFORMATION (Your REAL NAME and EMAIL ADDRESS, at the bare minimum)
· Subject Line -- Please put ANTHOLOGY TITLE SUBMISSION: Title/Last Name/Word Count) [Example – Collabthology: An Matter of Time and Persistence/Matt Nord/6,000)]. ***
Frequently Asked Questions about Submissions Who may submit?
· Any person age 19 and older may submit (19 is the legal age of majority in New York); authors 16-18 may submit if they provide a letter of permission from their legal guardian.
Do you only accept stories written in third person?
· No! Go nuts with this one! Write it in 4th person if you want!
What are your content standards?
· Graphic language/scenes are welcome as long as integral to the story.
Do you accept Multiple Submissions?
· Yes. Unlike many anthologies out there, we are currently welcoming multiple submissions from authors, with a max of 3, please. However, just remember that just because you are submitting multiple, not all may be used.
Do you accept Simultaneous Submissions?
· This is going to come out very quickly, so I’d prefer no simultaneous submissions, as there
Do you accept Reprints?
· Absolutely! If you have a reprint that you have the rights back to, send it in. That is what I’m talking about!
Where do I send my electronic submission?
Can I mail you my submission? I don't have/like/want email.
· At this time we are only accepting electronic submissions. If you got to this website, you have to Internet, and if you have to Internet, you can set up an email address.
Do I get paid for my story?
· Compensation for this ebook is exposure only. I’ve explained above that this is being put out to raise revenue for the publication of the (tentatively entitled) Collaboration of the Dead novel. You will also be given a nice little thank you in the Collaboration book when it comes out!
Will you notify me that you received my submission?
· If you don’t hear back from me within two weeks, shoot me an email at email@example.com
So, send in any stories you'd like to put into the Collabthology starting now!
We're up to 45,000 words on this bad boy, so let's get those last few stories and poems in to get it up to 60,000+!!!