Alter Press is proud to announce it's first annual charity anthology:
Blood Drenched Rainbows
This will be a charity anthology so as such there will be no payment for the stories. All sales from the book will go to the NOH8 campaign, a campaign promoting LGBT rights and freedoms.
I am looking for general horror stories that feature strong LGBT characters written by LGBT authors. Let me repeat that, I am only accepting stories from authors who identify as lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transgendered.
Stories should be somewhere between 5 - 8K words shooting for around 100,00K words total for the entire book. Any kind of horror story will be accepted. I would like to have as wide a range of stories as possible, so please be creative.
Blood Drenched Rainbows will remain open until the book is filled.
I am also looking for any LGBT artists, formatters and possible editors for the stories that would be willing to donate their time to the book.
I would like this book to be, from cover to cover, written and assembled by LGBT's
· Send as an .rtf or .doc attachment
· Time New Roman or Courier 12 pt
· Left Justified (Align Text Left)
· No Extra Spaces Between Paragraphs
· 1/2" Tabbed Indents
· Section Breaks Marked With Centered ***
· Title half way down the first page, BYLINE/WRITING AS NAME below the title
· No Headers or Footers, No Page Numbers
· Use Italics instead of underline or _this_ or *this*
· Use "double quotation marks" instead of 'single quotation marks' for speech
· Include a short (2-4 sentence) biography, written in the third person, in your email.
Please place your contact information on the title page:
Name (and pseudonym, if applicable) Approximate Word Count
Send subs to email@example.com
. Please put RAINBOW and your name in the subject line.
Blood Drenched Rainbows is a NON PAYING charity horror anthology, compiled and edited by Mike Mitchell and Randy Woodard. Proceeds from sales will go to the NOH8 campaign. The book will be written and assembled by LGBT authors, artists and editors.
I hope to put out 1 or 2 charity anthologies a year benefiting a different charity each book.
If you have any questions feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
with QUESTION in the subject line